About Diversity In Routesetting, Setting for IFSC Comps and more
Alise Zvigule is a latvian climber, former competition climber and now a routesetter. She describes her way into routesetting as a hard fight and experienced preconceptions in that working field, hearing statements like: “A woman can’t set or can’t climb this”.
Now Alise is in another position. She got a spot in the IFSC diversity program for routesetting, is setting at IFSC competitions and this year, she turned an idea into reality that had been on her mind for a long time: She organized a gathering of international female routesetters.
We spoke about:
- Alise struggle to get into routesetting at a time, when there were very few women in that field
- Her experiences at the IFSC European Championships in Munich 2022
- The gathering of routesetters she organized in Switzerland
- Diversity in routesetting
- And why, in her opinion, such womens gatherings can be important to give opportunities and spaces to learn and grow
Thank you Alise for the talk!
Photo Credit: Vic Harster
The Boulder that Alise described in the episode
Magst du mich bei meiner Podcast-Arbeit unterstützen?
Damit ich meine Arbeit machen kann gibt es auf der Plattform Steady ein Crowdfunding